We still have places available on our Understanding Acne Vulgaris CPD course next Monday 10th September.
Approximately 15% of the population will suffer from acne at any one time with at least 75% of all teenagers being affected by some form of the disease.
However, this is not just a problem for the young with about 12% of women will present acneic conditions into their mid 40s. With these statistics in mind, a thorough knowledge and understanding of the biology behind acne, it’s development cycle, what causes or aggravates it and the possible methods of treatment are essential to any skin care specialist.
- The definition of acne – what is the difference between having spots and having acne?
- The demographics of acne relating to age, sex, climate, lifestyle and ethnicity
- The different types of acne and their specific characteristics
- Recognising an acne condition
- An advanced study of the anatomy and physiology of the pilo-sebaceous unit and its relevance in acne development
- The development of inflammatory dermatological lesions associated with acne and their significance to diagnosis and treatment
- The analysis of acne – the grading system
- Specific considerations for adult acne
- Types of Acne Scarring
- Diet, lifestyle and other influential factors. The holistic approach to treating acne
- The consultation of the acne client – which questions to ask and how to interpret the answers
The Institute of Skin Health and Clinical Aesthetics – IISHCA
CPD Certification – 8 Points
Places are limited so contact us now to book your place on: 01562 919882 / 01527 919880
The following charges apply:
£95 to Diploma delegates
£125 to existing delegates
£195 to non delegates